February 3, 2012

chocolate covered Bugles


Here's a sweet treat's that neat! These are absolutely delicious! The salty, crunchy, crispiness of the Bugle, combined with sweet chocolate is just heaven! One bag of Bugles...one pound of chocolate. I use the round, real chocolate wafers that are meltable and shiny...I buy mine from a candy and cake supply store. If you have one in your area, I would suggest buying there. In my opinion, the chocolate is better quality. Also, they are usually independently owned and I love to support local businesses. I melt my chocolate in a double boiler. Just drop a Bugle in the chocolate...flip it around with a fork to get it all coated...scoop it out with the fork...place on a sheet of waxed paper...sprinkle some Valentines jimmies on top {jimmies are sprinkles...that's what we say here in Pittsburgh}...and you are done! Easy peasy! Warning, you can't eat just one!

****
****Hey everyone! Stop by my Food Diary!! I've got some great new entries! I've decided to NOT date each entry because I don't always remember to take photos of what I eat...this way, I will just post what I can and give a brief description!****My food diary is located just beneath the header next to "home" and "the story behind the name".****

13 comments:

  1. What a neat idea Bonnie! Oh my they look so yummy and addictive too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound sooo good. I'm always looking for treats to take to Joe's Bible Study and these sound like just the thing. Bet there's none to bring home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. In Philly we call them jimmies too.

      Delete
    2. Kathy...so you know about jimmies! Cool! When I was living in Florida, they never heard of that! Except for the people who were from Pennsylvania! LOL!

      Delete
  3. These look so good! Problem is, I could never stop at just one...or ten... and yes, they're sometimes called Jimmies here in eastern PA too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried chocolate covered potato chips a few months ago, they were delish! Now I need to try these. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never eaten a bugle. I will have to try them. I really like the new look of you blog. It is very peaceful here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bugles are the perfect mini ice cream cone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, they look so cute! Chocolate over anything and I'm all for it. Again great photos!

      Delete
  8. I just wanted to say that I tried one of the ones your husband brought to work the other day and they are delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it makes you feel better. .we call them both sprinkles AND/OR jimmies here in Kansas too! Those look really good. .my kids would enjoy making them too. .and super cute with the valentine deco!

    ReplyDelete